The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
The popularity of poker in Florida continues to rise with more and more high profile tournament series scheduling stops in the state. The same four rooms as last year find their way back onto the ballot with Jacksonville’s room renamed bestbet at Jacksonville.
Adding to the excitement is Florida’s legal age is just 18 to play. Young up-and-comers are able to cut their teeth with live poker experience before graduating to the 21 and up crowd that fills Las Vegas, California and just about everyone else. In prior years, younger players were restricted to online play or European tournaments that allowed under 21 players to step up to the felt.
The Hard Rock Seminole casino won in landslide in 2011, garnering 51% of the votes. Jacksonville came in distant second with 19%, Daytona Beach Kennel Club & Poker Room was just behind with 17% and Isle Casino Pompano Park bringing up the rear with just 12% of the votes.
This year’s nominees include:
- bestbet Jacksonville
- Daytona Beach Kennel Club
- Isle Casino Pompano Park
- Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Mike Leah Leads Power Rankings, Steve O’Dwyer Joins Top 20 - March 30, 2015
- Frank Patti Wins HPT Ameristar Kansas City Main Event, $103,326 - March 23, 2015
- Gevork Kasabyan Wins WSOP Circuit Bike Main Event for $205,720 - March 18, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Leads as Steve O’Dwyer Moves to 2nd in POY Standings - March 18, 2015
- Mike Leah Holds Top Spot in Power Rankings, Stephen Chidwick Debuts - March 16, 2015