The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
Our final category takes a look at some of the biggest final tables of the year and asks you which one was best. The Big One for One Drop featured the biggest tournament buy-in in the history of poker, and the $1 million event featured one of the more entertaining final tables in recent history. A one day turbo No Limit Hold’em event in Macau with a pricetag in excess of $250,000 attracted 73 high rollers and the attention of the poker world, with a final table that included Phil Ivey, John Juanda and Sam Trickett.
The WPT Championship featured the breakout performance of Marvin Rettenmaier, closing out Season X of the WPT and giving him the first of what would be two consecutive WPT titles. Phil Hellmuth captured his second bracelet of 2012, his 13th overall, and became the first ever player to win both the WSOP Main Event and the WSOP Europe Main Event. Finally, Michael Mizrachi won the $50,000 WSOP Player’s Championship for the second time in 2012.
Once more, your nominees for Best Final Table are:
- Big One for One Drop
- Macau $250,000 Super High Roller
- WPT World Championship
- WSOP Europe Main Event
- WSOP Players Championship
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015