The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
Our final category takes a look at some of the biggest final tables of the year and asks you which one was best. The Big One for One Drop featured the biggest tournament buy-in in the history of poker, and the $1 million event featured one of the more entertaining final tables in recent history. A one day turbo No Limit Hold’em event in Macau with a pricetag in excess of $250,000 attracted 73 high rollers and the attention of the poker world, with a final table that included Phil Ivey, John Juanda and Sam Trickett.
The WPT Championship featured the breakout performance of Marvin Rettenmaier, closing out Season X of the WPT and giving him the first of what would be two consecutive WPT titles. Phil Hellmuth captured his second bracelet of 2012, his 13th overall, and became the first ever player to win both the WSOP Main Event and the WSOP Europe Main Event. Finally, Michael Mizrachi won the $50,000 WSOP Player’s Championship for the second time in 2012.
Once more, your nominees for Best Final Table are:
- Big One for One Drop
- Macau $250,000 Super High Roller
- WPT World Championship
- WSOP Europe Main Event
- WSOP Players Championship
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- James Woods Makes $3K Shootout Final Table, Michael Wang Wins Bracelet on Day 3 - May 30, 2015
- Players Give Their First Impressions of Their Colossus Experience - May 29, 2015
- Brandon Barnette Captures First Bracelet of the Series on Day 2 of 2015 WSOP - May 29, 2015
- Greg Merson on Life in New Jersey, US Online Poker & WSOP Plans - May 28, 2015
- Darryl Ronconi Leads $5K as 2015 WSOP Kicks Off - May 28, 2015