The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
California has been, and continues to be, one of the biggest hotbeds for poker in the US. There are dozens of tournament series’ that bring in huge crowds of locals and pros alike, with small and big buy-in events that are each able to provide sizable prize pools. The cash game action is also hot, with some of the biggest rooms and ranges of stakes that you’ll find outside of Las Vegas.
The Commerce Casino in Los Angeles is the defending champion in this category, with one of the biggest cash game selections in two enormous rooms and several large and successful tournament series’ run by Tournament Director extraordinaire Matt Savage. They also host a WPT event, an element they share with Bay 101, which is the only non-LA room among the nominees this year. The Bicycle Casino was a charter member of the WPT and continues to host a yearly event on the tour as well, with other successful elements including big cash games and “Live at the Bike”, which features a live-streamed high stakes game. The Hollywood Park Casino rounds out this year’s list of nominees, with a wide range of cash games and tournaments in their own right.
Once again, the four nominees for this award are:
- Bay 101
- Bicycle Casino
- Commerce Casino
- Hollywood Park Casino
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Anthony Zinno Goes Back-to-Back at LA Poker Classic, Wins Historic 3rd WPT Title - March 6, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Makes Back-to-Back WPT Final Tables, Igor Yaroshevskyy & Mike Leah Out in Front - March 4, 2015
- Just 8 Players Remain on Day 5 of the LAPC as Igor Yaroshevskyy Takes the Lead from Peter Tran - March 4, 2015
- Peter Tran Keeps Lead as 12 Remain in LAPC; Leah, Zinno, Klodnicki in the Mix - March 4, 2015
- Jason Somerville on His Deal with PokerStars and the Evolution of Run it Up - March 3, 2015