The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
The two most popular categories readers vote on year in and year out are Favorite Male and Female Players. Fans are quick to show their love for their favorite player. From the most casual poker fan to the forum junkies, everyone has a strong opinion on they think the best player is today.
Last year Daniel Negreanu won by a wide margin with nearly 30% of the votes, followed by Jason Mercier with 18.3%. It was a three-way race for second place with Phil Ivey and Tom Dwan earning 17.1% and 16.3% respectively. Rounding out the ballot was Phil Hellmuth (9.4%) and Erik Seidel (9.4%).
Seidel and Dwan find themselves off the ballot this year, and with the voting limited to five players Antonio Esfandiari is the only new name readers can vote for. Esfandiari’s win in the Big Drop and his popularity with fans of his ESPN WSOP commentary the newest member might offer Negreanu some stiff competition.
This year’s nominees include:
- Antionio Esfandiari
- Daniel Negreanu
- Jason Mercier
- Phil Hellmuth
- Phil Ivey
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Young Gun Urbanovich Hard Pressed to Hold POY Lead Through WSOP - May 27, 2015
- Dan Smith Leads Last Power Rankings before 2015 World Series of Poker - May 26, 2015
- WSOP First Timers: What to Expect - May 26, 2015
- Dan Smith & Mike Leah Top Power Rankings, Daniel Negreanu Rejoins Top 20 - May 18, 2015
- WSOP Players To Watch: The Circuit All Stars - May 16, 2015