The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
Over the last four years Twitter has become one of the primary means of communication on the internet. It’s short-burst format and ability to communicate with any other user allows Twitter users to communicate with people they never would have been able to talk to otherwise. Poker is no exception, as some of the biggest players and personalities in the game have utilized the service to broadcast their thoughts, jokes and bits of wisdom.
The 2012 BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards featured “Favorite Tweeter” as a category for the first time, with Daniel Negreanu garnering nearly half of the vote and winning by a fair margin over Jean-Robert Bellande. Both are among this year’s nominees for the second straight year, as are Doyle Brunson and Erik Seidel. Two more players have joined as first-time nominations, as Jason Mercier and Matt Glantz and their own brands of Twitter humor merit consideration for this year’s award.
Here is the official list of nominees:
- Jean-Robert Bellande (@BrokeLivingJRB)
- Doyle Brunson (@TexDolly)
- Matt Glantz (@MattGlantz)
- Jason Mercier (@JasonMercier)
- Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker)
- Erik Seidel (@Erik_Seidel)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Montes Adds HPT Title to WSOPC Choctaw Win, Jumps to 2nd in POY - February 25, 2015
- Kuether’s Consistency Puts Him Third in BLUFF Power Rankings - February 23, 2015
- Nick Petrangelo, Brian Altman & Marc-Étienne McLaughlin Rise in POY Ranks - February 18, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Captures Second WPT Title, Wins Fallsview Poker Classic - February 17, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Looks for 2nd Title, Leads Fallsview Final Table - February 15, 2015