The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
Looking back on the year we’ve narrowed down the best moments poker had to offer. Surprisingly, two names return from last year’s ballot – Phil Hellmuth and Vanessa Selbst. Hellmuth is not only returning, but he’s the defending champ after pulling down 41.8% of the voting for finishing ruuner-up three times at the 2011 World Series of Poker.
Selbst was nominated alongside Jason Mercier for both repeating as NAPT champions. Ben Lamb finished 2nd with 30.9% for dominating the WSOP and Erik Seidel finished with 10.7% for winning the Aussie Millions $250,000 Championship.
The voting this year includes the $18 million dollar man, a three-peat champion and the game’s most polarizing player winning Main Event bracelets on both sides of the pond. Not to be out-shined are a law school grad breaking down gender barriers, a mad German going back-to-back and the game’s most ellusive player making five WSOP final tables.
This year’s nominees are:
- Antonio Esfandiari wins the Big One for One Drop
- Dan Smith wins back-to-back-to-back $5,000 events at EPT Monte Carlo
- Marvin Rettenmaier wins back-to-back WPT events
- Phil Hellmuth wins WSOPE Main Event
- Phil Ivey makes fine final tables at WSOP
- Vanessa Selbst wins first open bracelet event by a woman since she last won in 2008
Voting for the 2013 BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards opens on November 28 at BLUFF.com.
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Dan Smith Leads Last Power Rankings before 2015 World Series of Poker - May 26, 2015
- WSOP First Timers: What to Expect - May 26, 2015
- Dan Smith & Mike Leah Top Power Rankings, Daniel Negreanu Rejoins Top 20 - May 18, 2015
- WSOP Players To Watch: The Circuit All Stars - May 16, 2015
- Reginald Shawn Roberts Leads Season XI HPT Player of the Year - May 15, 2015