The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
This is a new category for this year’s voting. We’ve seen plenty of good moments away from the tables this year, but not without our fair share of not so positive moments.
The collapse and subsequent controversy of the Epic Poker League gave plenty of players a reason to gripe. But the Partouche Poker Tour’s “guarantee” came under fire as well, ultimately leaving the organizers in a standoff against their players.
The poker public may not have been satisfied with Howard Lederer’s answers concerning his role in Full Tilt Poker’s demise but his coming forward marked an important chapter in the continuing drama around Full Tilt. When PokerStars announced they would buy Full Tilt Poker and make good on players’ deposits, players celebrated world-wide.
The final event for voting proved to be a silver lining in the dark cloud of online poker and US players. Nevada began issuing online poker licenses clearing the way for legitimate, intrastate online poker.
This year’s nominees include:
- Epic Poker League collapses
- Howard Lederer breaks his silence about Full Tilt Poker
- Nevada offers first online poker licenses
- Partouche Poker Tour ends in controversy
- PokerStars buys Full Tilt Poker, pays back Rest of World players
Voting for the 2013 BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards opens on November 28 at BLUFF.com.
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Frank Patti Wins HPT Ameristar Kansas City Main Event, $103,326 - March 23, 2015
- Gevork Kasabyan Wins WSOP Circuit Bike Main Event for $205,720 - March 18, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Leads as Steve O’Dwyer Moves to 2nd in POY Standings - March 18, 2015
- Mike Leah Holds Top Spot in Power Rankings, Stephen Chidwick Debuts - March 16, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Leads Player of the Year After Back-to-Back WPT Wins - March 12, 2015