The poker world is full of facts, figures, stats and records. With so many numbers being crunched day in and day out, sometimes it is tough to see what they all add up to. That is why BLUFF brings you some of the more interesting numbers related to the big tournaments, big stories, and big personalities in the poker world. Some are factual, some are fun, and some are both. In this edition of By The Numbers we take a look at WPT Montreal.
106 Number of hands played three-handed at WPT Montreal.
42% as long as the 11 hour three-handed marathon at the World Series of Poker Main Event final table, despite representing more than half of the hands played at the WPT Montreal final table.
182 total number of hands at the WPT Montreal final table
5 WPT Final tables that Gavin Smith has made in his career, and he was the only player at the WPT who wasn’t at their first in Montreal.
1,504 Days between WPT final tables for Gavin Smith. He last made one on Oct 16, 2008, at the WPT North American Poker Championship, which was also held in Canada.
0 WPT events held in Canada in that time, technically giving Smith back-to-back WPT final tables in Canada.
1 hand played at the final table by Peter Kaemmerlen before he was eliminated in sixth place.
18 number of cashes for Dan Smith this year. The BLUFF Player of the Year leader finished 42nd at WPT Montreal.
$784,101 Money earned by Jonathan Roy for his victory, the second largest prize awarded so far in Season XI of the WPT. Ben Hamnett got $818,847 for winning the Borgata Poker Open in September.
1,173 total players at WPT Montreal, the largest tournament with a $1,000 buy-in or more in the country’s history. It’s also the third largest WPT field in history.
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Brains vs. AI: Poker’s Top Heads-Up Pros Take on Computer Program in Two Week Challenge - April 24, 2015
- 10 for 10: Following Martin Jacobson on his Path to the 2014 WSOP Main Event Title - April 23, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Takes POY Lead With SHRPS Runner-Up Finish - April 22, 2015
- Lock Poker Closes After Long, Slow Collapse; Millions of Dollars Feared Lost - April 21, 2015
- Kuether Climbs Back to 2nd in Tight Three-Way Power Rankings Race - April 20, 2015