Online phenomenon Justin “BoostedJ” Smith has a new item to add to his list of accomplishments. After placing third in the 2009 Bellagio Cup and earning five cashes plus two final table appearances at the 2009 World Series of Poker, Smith is now a Full Tilt pro.
Smith was a well known online player but cemented himself as a live player to keep an eye on after his live tournament debut at the 2008 World Series of Poker Europe. Since then Smith has made close to $700,000 in live tournament winnings.
At the conclusion of the 2009 WSOP Smith had proven himself to be a well rounded player, capable of playing with the best live players in the world. Smith’s five WSOP cashes ranged in games from Pot Limit Omaha, heads-up No Limit Texas Hold ‘em to Seven Card Stud Lowball.
Smith made his first WSOP final table appearance in the $10,000 World Championship No Limit 2-7 Lowball (Event 23) on June 10, finishing in ninth. Eight days later Smith was seated at his second WSOP final table, this time the $10,000 World Championship Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Eight or Better (Event 37). Smith finished that event in eighth.
Latest posts by Diana Cox (see all)
- Sylvain Loosli Takes Over Lead, Anton Morgenstern Flames Out - July 15, 2013
- Rustom Leads at the End of Day 5, Glazier Last Woman Standing - July 14, 2013
- McLaughlin Leads at Dinner Break, Steinberg, Bardah Eliminated - July 13, 2013
- Level 21 Ends With 180 Players, Jon Lane Out in Front - July 13, 2013
- Players Ready to Return for Day 3 Thursday as Day 2C Ends - July 11, 2013