The list of sponsored pros at UltimateBet.com just got a little bigger.
The online poker room announced that 25-year-old Matt “mattg1983″ Graham was joining the UB Star Players team. A former pre-med student, Graham currently ranks 46th in the BLUFF Power Rankings. He won his first WSOP bracelet last summer after an epic heads-up match with Jean-Robert Bellande in Event 53 ($1,500 Limit Hold’em Shootout) and for good measure he added a win in a $5,000 prelim at last winter’s Five Diamond World Poker Classic at Bellagio. All told, his live winnings currently sit just shy of $1 million.
“I am so thrilled to have Matt Graham on the team,” said Annie Duke, UltimateBet’s Cardroom Consultant. “Matt epitomizes the all-around poker player. He has great results in all the games, live or online. Matt is an amazing addition to the Ultimatebet.com team.”
For his part, Graham was excited about his future with one of the more recognizable names in the industry.
“I look forward to the opportunity to represent UltimateBet.com both online and in the live arena,” Graham said of his new sponsorship. “I never would have thought I would be a site pro when I began my online poker career at UltimateBet.com four years ago, but now here I am. I am very excited to be a part of the future of this site.”
Latest posts by Jason Kirk (see all)
- DAILY BUZZ: Michael Phelps, Skydiving Sebok, Ala. Poker Stabbing - January 29, 2010
- Aussie Millions: Mizzi Leads Main Event, Seidel Wins $10K PLO - January 29, 2010
- DAILY BUZZ: Trash Talkin’ G, Mysterious Ways, Victory Poker Launch - January 28, 2010
- Aussie Millions: Main Event Day 3 & Heads-Up Wrap, PLO Ongoing - January 28, 2010
- DAILY BUZZ: Del. Poker Bill, Premier League IV, Bodog Sponsorship - January 27, 2010