A weekend raid on an illegal gambling operation in Benson, NC, has resulted in the arrest of 71 people, including poker pro’s Maciek (Mike) Gracz and Chris Bell.
Police described the interior of the operation as a “small Atlantic City or Las Vegas style casino,” with a craps table, roulette wheel, blackjack table, over a dozen poker tables, and a full service kitchen.
Police siezed $70,196.25 in cash during the raid, along with all the gaming equipment, flat screen monitors and computer equipment.
Gracz, who holds both a WSOP bracelet and WPT title, was charged with misdemeanor gambling, while Bell was one of the 11 arrested to be charged with more serious offenses. Bell faces charges of engaging in a game of chance, operating a game of chance and allowing possession of a gaming table.
Latest posts by BLUFF Staff (see all)
- BLUFF Going All Digital – New Direction, More Content - January 14, 2015
- Negreanu, Colman, Somerville Grab BLUFF Readers Choice Awards - January 7, 2015
- Ring In The New Year with 888 Freeroll - December 31, 2014
- Voting Open for 2014 BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards - December 4, 2014
- partypoker US Marks One Year Back With $100,000 Guarantee - November 30, 2014