While nobody in the top 20 of the BLUFF Power Rankings put up a massive win or result to shift the standings this week, several players increased their point totals with cashes at the Playground Poker Club. Those who slipped in the rankings were mostly hampered by losing credit for the 2010 EPT Barcelona Main Event passing the two year mark, along with several other small hits from other tournaments crossing the one or two-year thresholds.
Marvin Rettenmaier tacked a few points onto his total with an 18th place finish in a side event at WPT Montreal but lost some of his lead over Dan Smith, who earned more points by finishing 42nd in the Main Event there. Bertrand Grospellier, who was sixth in last week’s Power Rankings, dropped three spots this week after losing half of the points for his eighth place finish at WPT Marrakech in 2011 and the remaining points he had for his 2010 EPT Barcelona Main Event cash.
Grospellier was one of three players to slide this week. Dominik Nitsche had a very similar plight, also losing points for an EPT Barcelona cash, with a 2010 WPT Marrakech final table losing credit in his case. Konstantin Puchkov was 18th last week but tumbled all the way down to 29th after his third place finish at EPT Barcelona in 2010, his largest career cash, passed the two-year mark. He also lost a couple of points for a 2011 APPT Macau side event that is now over one year old.
Two other players inched up their point totals this week, though neither was enough to move them up in the rankings. Michael Mizrachi finished 18th in the opening event of the DeepStacks Poker Tour’s stop at Mohegan Sun, while Joe Kuether made a few payjumps in Montreal before finishing 72nd in the WPT Main Event there. By virtue of Puchkov’s fall from the top 20, John Juanda returned to the top 20 after two weeks on the outside looking in.
- Marvin Rettenmaier – 1,789.65 (-)
- Dan Smith – 1,403.09 (-)
- Phil Hellmuth – 1,290.57 (-)
- Will Failla – 1,193.13 (-)
- Greg Merson – 1,170.68 (-)
- Vanessa Selbst – 1,105.18 (+1)
- Michael Mizrachi – 1,085.76 (+1)
- Joseph Cheong – 1,072.64 (+1)
- Bertrand Grospellier – 1,067.46 (-3)
- Jonathan Duhamel – 1,035.48 (-)
- Steve O’Dwyer – 1,023.81 (+1)
- Antonio Esfandiari – 999.04 (+1)
- Dominik Nitsche – 978.21 (-2)
- Philipp Gruissem – 968.59 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 951.73 (-)
- Daniel Negreanu – 929.17 (-)
- Ole Schemion – 928.90 (-)
- Phil Ivey – 925.67 (+1)
- Jason Mercier – 914.52 (+1)
- John Juanda – 910.11 (NR)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
Peter Tran Keeps Lead as 12 Remain in LAPC;
Leah, Zinno, Klodnicki in the Mix - March 4, 2015
- Jason Somerville on His Deal with PokerStars and the Evolution of Run it Up - March 3, 2015
- Peter Tran & Mike Leah Crack 1M, Lead Final 43 into Day 4 of LAPC - March 3, 2015
- Catching Up With BLUFF.com WPT ‘Ones to Watch’ Candace Collins - March 2, 2015
- Brent Hart Excels on Day 2 of LAPC, Leads With 120 Players Left - March 2, 2015