The current 2013 BLUFF Player of the Year race sees eight new players cracking the top 20 rankings. There’s movement at the very top as well with Paul Klann and Dani Stern taking over the 3rd and 4th spots respectively. Also joining the conversation are David Tuthill and unknown Remi Castaignon.
Klann finds himself in the third spot after scoring his first live tournament win at the 2013 LA Poker Classic. He picked up 382.5 points in the $10,000 buy in, 517 player field and took home a cool $1 million for the win. Klann’s staying power in the points race may only last a little while, as his win was just the fourth cash in his career.
Stern finds himself near the top of the rankings after a win in a $5,000 LAPC event. He picked up 176 points when he bested a final table that featured Galen Hall, Ana Marquez, Christian Harder and Matt Giannetti. He already scored a significant cash with a runner-up finish in a $10,000 PCA event.
Tuthill picked up his first World Series of Poker Circuit gold ring when he won the Caesars Palace Main Event. He fended off A.P. Phahurat, current 16th place POY contender Jeffrey Fielder, Blake Barousse and Gavin Smith to take down the title. Tuthill followed up his ring win with an 8th place showing in the LAPC Main Event.
The unknown Frenchman Castaignon scored his first tournament cash two years ago for less than $1,000, but his second cash came early in February when he won the EPT Deauville Main Event. He outlasted a field of 782 players and scored a seven-figure finish.
Current Top 20 2013 BLUFF Player of the Year Standings
- Dimitar Danchev – 434.65 (-)
- Mervin Chan – 393.00 (-)
- Paul Klann – 382.50 (NR)
- Dani Stern – 368.38 (NR)
- Vanessa Selbst – 336.00 (-2)
- James Anderson – 319.06 (+8)
- Michael Watson – 315.90 (-3)
- Vladimir Troyanovsky – 213.20 (-3)
- Ole Schemion – 308.77 (+8)
- Remi Castaignon – 306.00 (-4)
- Joel Micka – 299.25 (-4)
- Paul Volpe – 298.48 (NR)
- Scott Seiver – 294.13 (-2)
- David Tuthill – 289.80 (NR)
- Joe Cabret – 288.75 (-7)
- Jeffrey Fielder – 287.22 (NR)
- Tobias Reinkemeier.286.58 (-8)
- Shannon Shorr – 283.88 (-8)
- Yung (Andy) Hwang – 283.75 (-6)
- Sam Trickett – 275.00 (-8)
Dropped from Rankings: Vojtech Ruzicka, Bryn Kenney, Dan Shak, Steve Tripp and Jonas Lauck.
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- David Tuthill Aims to Keep WPT World Championship ‘In the Family’ - April 27, 2015
- Michael Rocco & Jonathan Jaffe Top WPT World Championship Day 2 - April 26, 2015
- Yevgeniy Timoshenko Returns to the Felt after Australian Holiday - April 26, 2015
- Eric Panayiotou Leads 166 Survivors of WPT World Championship - April 25, 2015
- 2015 SHRPO Features $5 Million Guarantee, Four Final Table Finale - April 21, 2015