The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
This year we’ve done away with the male and female delineation of Favorite TV Personality and rolled them into one. Last year’s winners are both on the ballot after they both won almost half the votes in their category. Antonio Esfandiari beat out Mike Sexton, Joe Stapleton and Ali Nejad last year on the men’s side and Kara Scott won out over Amanda Leatherman, Lee Ann Tweeden and Kimberly Lansing.
The disappearance of of site-funded shows has narrowed the fields with The Big Game, Poker After Dark and Epic Poker falling by the wayside. Stapleton, Nejad, Leatherman and Tweeden all lost their spots as a result.
We have two new names on the ballot this year – James Hartigan and Olivier Busquet respectively. Hartigan joins us from across the pond as the host of the European Poker Tour and PokerStars Carribean Adventure. Busquet joined the ESPN broadcast team for the World Series of Poker.
Mike Sexton finds himself as a continuing presence on the list. He finished second last year with 25% of the votes. After being left off the list last year, Lon McEachern has returned to the list with his work with ESPN.
This year’s ballot includes:
- Kara Scott
- Antonio Esfandiari
- James Hartigan
- Lon McEachern
- Mike Sexton
- Olivier Busquet
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015