Konstantin Puchkov, a horse breeder from Moscow, is a poker player with tournament results all over the world. If you think you recognize his face, you probably do, as he finished sixth at the 2007 Bellagio Cup III, which was won by Kevin Saul.
While that was amongst his biggest cashes to date, they pale in comparison to Puchkov’s accomplishment Friday night in the $1,500 HORSE event at the World Series of Poker, where he took down the bracelet and the $256,820 to go along with it.
Name: Konstantin Puchkov
Hometown: Moscow, Russia
Profession: Horse Breeder
Lifetime Winnings: $724,544
Memorable Quotes: “I’m a horse breeder back in Russia, and that’s my passion in life, so now by winning the HORSE I can bring them plenty of new hay.”
“This is my fourth year at the World Series of Poker. The first 2 years, I only played the main event. But on my first trip to las vegas back in 2007, i made a WPT final table at the bellagio just after the world series, the one which Kevin Saul won.”
“Last year I set a record at the World Series by playing 21 tournaments and not cashing in one.”
“I give my horses poker names, royal flush, full house, freeroll.”
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Brains vs. AI: Poker’s Top Heads-Up Pros Take on Computer Program in Two Week Challenge - April 24, 2015
- 10 for 10: Following Martin Jacobson on his Path to the 2014 WSOP Main Event Title - April 23, 2015
- Anthony Zinno Takes POY Lead With SHRPS Runner-Up Finish - April 22, 2015
- Lock Poker Closes After Long, Slow Collapse; Millions of Dollars Feared Lost - April 21, 2015
- Kuether Climbs Back to 2nd in Tight Three-Way Power Rankings Race - April 20, 2015