Konstantin Puchkov, a horse breeder from Moscow, is a poker player with tournament results all over the world. If you think you recognize his face, you probably do, as he finished sixth at the 2007 Bellagio Cup III, which was won by Kevin Saul.
While that was amongst his biggest cashes to date, they pale in comparison to Puchkov’s accomplishment Friday night in the $1,500 HORSE event at the World Series of Poker, where he took down the bracelet and the $256,820 to go along with it.
Name: Konstantin Puchkov
Hometown: Moscow, Russia
Profession: Horse Breeder
Lifetime Winnings: $724,544
Memorable Quotes: “I’m a horse breeder back in Russia, and that’s my passion in life, so now by winning the HORSE I can bring them plenty of new hay.”
“This is my fourth year at the World Series of Poker. The first 2 years, I only played the main event. But on my first trip to las vegas back in 2007, i made a WPT final table at the bellagio just after the world series, the one which Kevin Saul won.”
“Last year I set a record at the World Series by playing 21 tournaments and not cashing in one.”
“I give my horses poker names, royal flush, full house, freeroll.”
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Darryl Ronconi Leads $5K as 2015 WSOP Kicks Off - May 28, 2015
- Me vs. Me: Comparing Daniel Negreanu’s Best WSOP’s - May 22, 2015
- Dzmitry Urbanovich on Record-Setting Pace in 2015 BLUFF POY Race - May 20, 2015
- Finding the Right Cash Game for Your Summer Grind - May 19, 2015
- Me vs. Me: Comparing Michael Mizrachi’s Best WSOP’s - May 18, 2015