Konstantin Puchkov, a horse breeder from Moscow, is a poker player with tournament results all over the world. If you think you recognize his face, you probably do, as he finished sixth at the 2007 Bellagio Cup III, which was won by Kevin Saul.
While that was amongst his biggest cashes to date, they pale in comparison to Puchkov’s accomplishment Friday night in the $1,500 HORSE event at the World Series of Poker, where he took down the bracelet and the $256,820 to go along with it.
Name: Konstantin Puchkov
Hometown: Moscow, Russia
Profession: Horse Breeder
Lifetime Winnings: $724,544
Memorable Quotes: “I’m a horse breeder back in Russia, and that’s my passion in life, so now by winning the HORSE I can bring them plenty of new hay.”
“This is my fourth year at the World Series of Poker. The first 2 years, I only played the main event. But on my first trip to las vegas back in 2007, i made a WPT final table at the bellagio just after the world series, the one which Kevin Saul won.”
“Last year I set a record at the World Series by playing 21 tournaments and not cashing in one.”
“I give my horses poker names, royal flush, full house, freeroll.”
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Anthony Zinno Makes Back-to-Back WPT Final Tables, Igor Yaroshevskyy & Mike Leah Out in Front - March 4, 2015
- Just 8 Players Remain on Day 5 of the LAPC as Igor Yaroshevskyy Takes the Lead from Peter Tran - March 4, 2015
- Peter Tran Keeps Lead as 12 Remain in LAPC; Leah, Zinno, Klodnicki in the Mix - March 4, 2015
- Jason Somerville on His Deal with PokerStars and the Evolution of Run it Up - March 3, 2015
- Peter Tran & Mike Leah Crack 1M, Lead Final 43 into Day 4 of LAPC - March 3, 2015